BMW Motorrad USA has introduced a new concept in on-board luggage and personal storage for the growing number of adventure riders exploring roads less traveled.
Intended primarily for use when riding BMW GS-model motorcycles off-road, the Atacama Adventure Luggage System provides more flexibility when piloting expert-level, back-country trails as well as continuing the expedition off the bike at remote camping locations.
The system includes the Atacama side cases and atacama duffel. The side cases require the purchase of an additional adapter kit by model for installation. A unique feature of the side case system is the frame and wedge that provide a solid mounting to the motorcycle and easy removal and installation without the need for straps and constant adjustment.[print_gllr id=2346]The duffel serves as a top case and convertible hiking backpack. Cinch straps (included) are used to attach to the motorcycle luggage rack.
Outer surfaces are made from 22oz PVC material for easy washing, extra water resistance, and abrasion resistance. Side panels and roll tops made from 1680 D Ballistic Nylon material.
- Payload of Atacama Side Case: max 22 lbs (max 10 kg), per side
- Speed limit for Atacama Side Case: max 81 mph (max 130 km/h)
- Volume of Atacama Side Case:
- Approx. 6.6 gal (Approx. 25 l), small Atacama Side Case
- Approx. 9.2 gal (Approx. 35 l), large Atacama Side Case
- Payload of Atacama Duffel on luggage rack max 11 lbs (max 5 kg)
- Speed limit for Atacama Duffel max 81 mph (max 130 km/h)
- Volume of Atacama Duffel Approx. 10.6 gal (Approx. 40 l)
Fitting for (aluminium case mounting must be installed)
- 2004 – 2013 R 1200 GS/GS Adventure
- 2013 – present R 1200 GS/GS Adventure 2008-Present F 650/700/800 GS
- 2014 – present F 800 GS Adventure
Currently, the Atacama Adventure Luggage System is only available through authorized BMW Motorrad USA dealers.