Kawasaki participates in Bimota

Kawasaki Motors Europe acquires 49.9 percent of the Italian luxury manufacturer Bimota. The first joint motorcycle is called Tesi H2.
Rumours to this effect have been circulating for quite some time, but now it’s official: Kawasaki Motors Europe, the parent company of the European Kawasaki importers, has acquired a 49.9 percent stake in Bimota, based in Rimini. The other 50.1 percent remain with the previous owners, the Swiss investors Daniele Longoni and Mario Chiancianesi.

The first vehicle of the new era is Tesi H2. Bimota has brought in the Italian design and the chassis including the revolutionary stub axle steering, from Kawasaki comes the extremely powerful compressor engine of the H2.

200 units of this motorcycle are to be launched on the market next year, at what price and via which distribution channel is still unclear.

Further information